According to a study by Behavioral Sciences Research Press, the frightening fact is that “call reluctance” in sales can contribute to a significant proportion of lost sales revenues.
The study found that 40% of established salespeople experienced periods of call reluctance severe enough to threaten their livelihood in sales.
The same study showed that the average call-reluctant salesperson loses more than 15 potential accounts each month to competitors.
Stemming the ever-increasing costs of call-reluctance cannot be addressed by training alone. It requires working with each salesperson’s particular set of beliefs so that they feel truly empowered to breakthrough their self-created mental barriers.
One particular statistic in the following survey should give any salesperson suffering from “call reluctance” renewed confidence
How Customers Regard Salespeople Survey:
- Salespeople who do not bother to make appointments. 45%
- Salespeople who know nothing about the customer’s business 60%
- Salespeople who know little about their products and services 60%
- Salespeople who call too often. 39%
- Salespeople who don’t call often enough. 49%
- Salespeople who do not have the authority to negotiate prices. 45%
- Salespeople who do not ask for the order. 40%
- Salespeople who are not properly or sufficiently organized. 55%
Most desirable quality customers want to see in salespeople?
Jonathan Farrington is a globally recognized business coach, mentor, author, consultant, and sales strategist, who has guided hundreds of companies and thousands of individuals around the world towards optimum performance levels
He also posts his highly popular daily blog for dedicated business professionals HERE
Source: All Business.