- Use the 20/80 rule
20% Perfection will lead you to 80% of your costs. Customers might not be willing to pay for another 80% perfection.
- Manage time
Don't lose yourself in details, respect your customer's urgency.
- Focus on your goal/target
Don't take too many side steps.
- Don't be obsessive
Trivialities can become far too important. This distracts the attention from the bigger picture. It is costly and frustrating progress.
- Think comparative
Don't do everything yourself. Sometimes, others might be slightly cheaper or faster.
Monday, May 17, 2010
- Be orginal/creative, in both content and choice media.
- Be unpredictable, and unforgetable.
- Be relevant.
- Right time, right place.
- Generate enough buzz for people to shoot pictures or videos.
- Reach enough people.
- Summarize in press release, add some pictures.
Sunday, May 16, 2010
- Segment your market and customer database and understand their needs.
- Acquire new customers/niches.
- Develop exisiting customers by upgrading them or cross selling to them.
- Retain good customers and keep them happy.
- Listen to your prospects and customers' needs.
- Analyse every win and loss and learn from them.
- Offer new products and services.
- Improve the products and services you already sell.
- Make it easy to do business with.
- Do what you do best, but dare to innovate.