The Hotelicopter is an elegant modification of the Soviet made Mil V-12, of which there were only two prototypes ever made. The Mil V-12, which made its first flight in 1968 from Panki-Tomilino to Lyubertsy in Russia, has been awarded numerous world records which it still holds today. The Mil V-12 also earned the prestigious Sikorsky Prize awarded by the American Helicopter Society for outstanding achievements in helicopter technology.
- Dimensions Length: 42 m (137 ft)
- Height: 28m (91 ft)
- Maximum Takeoff Weight: 105850 kg (232,870 lb)
- Maximum speed: 255 km/h (137 kt) (158 miles/h)
- Cruising speed: 237 km/h (127 kt) (147 miles/h)
- Original Mi Range: 515 km (320 mi)
- Our augmented Mi Range - 1,296 km (700 mi)
The Hotelicopter offers guests two accommodation options: our traditional cabins (16), and our suites (2).
- Queen-sized bed with pillow-top mattresses, 600 thread-count imported sheets, feather pillows, turndown service, fresh-cut flowers, chocolates, monogrammed robes, plush carpeting, original artwork in cabin, whirlpool bath, warming toilet seats, designer soaps, modern décor, clip-on reading lights, in-bed temperature and dimming controls, oak accents, customized minibar/refreshment center based on your preferences, coffee machine, non-smoking, and unlike the A380, there are no restrictions on how much sex you can have in your cabin.
- Internet access, cell phone reception, flat screen TVs with extended channel selection (let us know and we’ll pre-arrange parental control), DVD players, and Wii
Room service & dining options:
- Complimentary champagne upon arrival, room service offering breakfast, lunch, dinner, and specialty items (including coffee and gelato).
- “On-call flight attendants” attend to your every need, business center, concierge, fitness center, whirlpool, sauna, steam room, spa/salon offering massages and tanning, common space area with live music at select destinations, blackjack table, art gallery, wine tasting, yoga studio and hydro-garden, tea garden, Japanese garden with koi pond.
- Concierge, babysitting & Kids’ Kamp, array of newspapers and local magazines provided in-cabin prior to landing in each destination, Welcome kit for each location, complimentary kids’ activity kits for use during driving in destination cities, customized souvenir from each location, commemorative gifts for inaugural riders.
For Kids & Kids at Heart:
- Babysitting & Kids’ Kamp, playground, arcade, ping pong table, Make Your Own Pizza parlor, and Destination outings such as Hotelicopter Trapeze School!