Design-wise the console takes inspiration from the Japanese and Buddhist Zen elements, with the premise being based on the symbol called Enso (meaning the glow of enlightenment). Since it’s a progressive design, naturally it hosts quite a few new features that will make it the talk of 2018, that’s when we can expect a new PS5.
What do we expect from PlayStation Enso
- USB 4 connection
- DVD Drive with terabyte capacity
- Backward compatibility with DVD and CD data
- SD memory slots for terabyte capacity memory disks
- Wireless Controls
- Wireless Connectivity with Internet
- Console will have rechargeable batteries
- 3D projector that projects 3D images into the physical space between you and display device
- Touch buttons for power and eject
- Blue Lights that glow in correlation to the battery status
The above list sounds really tempting, but I’m saving the best for last. Apparently the controllers will be able to harness kinetic energy thanks your hand movements and use it for charging as well as storage.
Designer: Harold Smook
Source: Yanko Design.