Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Complete Your Profile

Make sure your profile is complete on those networks you consider important. Some of you may not agree with me, but social networking does generate additional business. Let me give you an example I experienced earlier today.

I was contacted by a person to connect on one of the networks I consider important. When I looked at his (it was a man) profile: it was empty, so I asked him to complete his profile if he wanted to connect to me. He did and resent the invitation. I took another look at his profile, and all of a sudden, it got my attention. His company was offering services I was interested in. So we started some e-mailing up and down, and as a result of that conversation, I bought a number of those services.

The reason I am writing about it is that this happens more often than not. In most of the cases, the people concerned do not complete their profile and resend their invitation. As you can read above, they potentially miss out on a lot of business opportunities.

Even if you are just out there to be present, make sure people find a reason to connect to you... unless you are just collecting connections.